(level 1 to 3)
(number of persons)
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
Oven temperature: 240°C
- 4 duck breasts, (with or without sternum), with skin
- 3 large lemons
- 250 ml Santocci
- 40 g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Rucola, for the garnish
- 40g grated parmesan cheese
- 40 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 20 ml Balsamic vinegar (1.30 intensity)
- 5 ml Extra virgin olive oil with white truffle
- Pat the duck breasts dry with kitchen roll, score the skin in a crosshatch diamond pattern with a small, sharp knife and place in a bowl.
- Peel the 2 lemons, put the peel in a bowl and squeeze the juice out.
- Pour the Santocci on top and leave the duck breasts to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 240 °C.
- Take the duck breasts out of the marinade and pat them dry; put the marinade to one side.
- Season the duck breasts generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut the third lemon into slices.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in an ovenproof frying pan, where the duck breasts can be placed side by side.
- Wait until the butter foams and skim carefully with a spoon. Put the oil in a pan and bake the fillets skin-side down until brown, then turn over.
- Bake for 2 minutes and then pour in the leftover marinade.
- Turn the fillets so that both sides are covered with sauce; then they will caramelise a little.
- Place the lemon slices on top and put the pan in the oven - 4 minutes for medium-rare or longer for more well-done.
- Lay the duck breasts on a chopping board and cut each breast into thick slices.
- Place a duck breast on each plate, drizzle the sauce on top and serve with rucola salad. Season the rucola to taste with some grated parmesan cheese
For the rucola dressing:
- Pour the extra virgin olive oil into a small bowl.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and beat well through the oil with a fork.
- Add up to 5 ml extra virgin olive oil with white truffle and stir this well into the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and drizzle the dressing over the rucola.